Through interactive keynotes, in-person facilitated discussion or workshops, speakers from The Beryl Institute team provide unique expertise and insights on patient experience and offer direct leadership development and skills building specific to your organization or event.
Click on each speaker's profile below to view short bios, relevant credentials and speaking clips. To request a speaker for your event or inquire on availability and pricing, please complete the contact form at the bottom of the page.
Facilitated by team members of The Beryl Institute, PX Workshops are an opportunity to elevate your professional development strategies on your organizational patient experience journey. To begin exploring the available leadership or staff development opportunities for your organization, simply click on each workshop title for full descriptions and objectives.
PX Workshops are eligible for Patient Experience Continuing Education credits (PXEs) pending approval. Participants interested in receiving PXEs must attend the entire workshop and complete the workshop survey within 30 days of completion. Partial credits will not be awarded.
Thinking about taking the CPXP examination, but unsure where to start your preparation? The Beryl Institute’s Patient Experience (PX) Body of Knowledge faculty offers interactive prep workshops reviewing the four domains outlined in the Certified Patient Experience Professional Classification System on which the CPXP examination is based. The course will share content from the PX Body of Knowledge courses related to the domains and job tasks and provide an opportunity to test your understanding of key concepts. In addition, participants will receive The Beryl Institute's CPXP workbook offering recommendations and important considerations as you develop a personal study plan in preparation for the CPXP examination.
- Review content from the PX Body of Knowledge courses most related to the CPXP Classification System
- Test your understanding of key concepts
- Gain insights and strategies in preparing for the CPXP Examination
- Interact with current CPXPs as they share recommendations & insights in achieving the CPXP Designation
*CPXP Prep Courses are currently offered on specific dates listed here. This interactive workshop is an opportunity to provide the course in-person and directly to your organization and employees.
Patient Experience matters. Its importance continues to grow and remains a top priority for healthcare organizations as evidenced by The Beryl Institute’s 2017 State of the Patient Experience study. Central to patient experience is the awareness that leadership is a primary driver of success in supporting an organization’s experience efforts. During this workshop, participants will learn a variety of strategies, tools and tactics to lead your team in delivering excellence in experience.
- Identify three key findings from the 2017 State of the Patient Experience Study
- Explain three primary roles of leadership in enhancing the patient experience
- Develop a plan using a simple framework that will equip your team for success
In this full-day workshop, participants will gain insights on eight essential actions for organizations to embrace to be best positioned for experience improvement. These principles serve as aspirational and affirmative statements about where we as individuals, organizations and collectively, as the patient experience movement, should focus our efforts. This workshop will also share these eight qualities and actions consistently identified in The Beryl Institute’s member organizations most successful in their patient experience efforts.
- Guide your staff to reflect on where your organization stands on each guiding principle
- Identify opportunities for improvement and recommended actions
- Align key priorities and opportunities specific to your environment
- Provide renewed commitment from team members to implement necessary changes to drive patient experience success
We work with organizations to provide customized advisory services and/or workshops to support organizational improvement in addressing the patient experience challenges and opportunities. Custom programs are tailored to your audience, incorporate your organization’s mission, vision and values and aim to positively impact and transform your organizational culture. Be prepared to challenge your thinking, explore new ideas, reignite your passion and build a plan of action around what matters in patient experience excellence to your organization. Custom workshops are designed based on one or more of our keynote offerings:
- The Critical Role of Leaders in Achieving Excellence in Healthcare Experiences
- Eight Guiding Principles of Patient Experience Excellence
- What Matters in Patient Experience: A Case for a New Mindset in Healthcare
- Every Patient Has a Story: Connecting People and Purpose for Patient Experience Excellence
Complete the form below to request a speaking engagement from The Beryl Institute.